Warehouse moving is the process of relocating the storage or distribution facility of a company to accommodate growth, improve efficiency, or to support a business model change (such as outsourcing). Moving a major warehouse operation can be a daunting task for an inexperienced moving company. Not all Detroit Area moving companies move warehouses. It can be a critical task to your operation that requires planning, experience, a skilled labor force, and specialized moving equipment. At Professional Movers.com we have the equipment, vehicles and team members necessary to plan and coordinate complex warehouse moves with minimal downtime. Through meticulous planning and superior project management, we will develop customized solutions that address the unique needs of your industrial relocation.
Professional Movers.com Warehouse Relocation Services offered:
- Warehouse Layout Planning
- Racking and Shelving Installation
- Various Sized Freight Trucks including Flatbeds and Lift-gate Trucks
- Forklift Rental
- Forklift Moving
- Forklift Driver Services
- Palletizing Services
- Crating Services
- Heavy Equipment Rigging
- Final Clean Service
Professional Movers.com 5 Step Warehouse Relocation Process
- Plan move with your warehouse manager. We will work with your warehouse manager to locate critical and potentially time consuming tasks and start planning with these tasks in mind up front. These critical tasks include large equipment relocation, 3rd party leased equipment movement, and mission critical equipment movement (forklifts for instance). Then we will provide a step-by-step plan including racking movement, layout, and possible upgrade/trade in. Many times, racking companies will buy back used equipment making it cost effective to buy new racking and move goods directly onto newly installed racking, rather than handle goods twice to allow existing racking to be moved.
- Palletize and shrink wrap all goods – in a warehouse move, the more items that are palletized, the faster the process can flow. Not everything has to be on pallets… but it can help. Moves of substantial volume will have a fork lift available at both the origin and destination facilities for the relocation.
- Move and stage pallets – Pallets will be organized, moved, and staged based on the plan developed before the move. This will maximize efficiency, which is critical to making a warehouse move go smoothly.
- Move and install racking – Once all palletized goods are out of the way, our installers can breakdown and move all racking. Obviously, the planning time spent helps tremendously with this step, as all pallets will be staged out of the way of where racking needs to be installed. Our designers, installers and movers have over 30 years’ experience working in Michigan to relocate pallet racking systems. From our initial visitation, our designers will work with your warehouse manager to evaluate your space and review your material handling requirements. Our designers can even assist your planning efforts with pre-move AutoCAD Drawings to help illustrate optional layouts. Our drawings will take many variables into consideration, including employee safety, the types of items being stored, ceiling height requirements, dock location, column placement, and any additional considerations that are unique to your business.
Once you select the design layout that best suits your operational needs, our installation team will begin the process of tearing down or disconnecting and packaging the racking. Our movers will arrive with flatbed trucks prepared to load and safely transport your items to your new location. Upon arrival, the racking will be placed and reassembled to your reflect the layout specifications. It sounds simple because it is simple. We are a turnkey operation which means that you share with us what you would like done and we will offer our experience and make sure the job is done right.
- Place staged pallets on racking – this final step is what makes your warehouse run like a well organized machine by the time we are done. Every pallet should have a home and the aisle ways clear and ready for business.
If you are still unsure but would like to begin exploring the possibility of working with Professional Movers.com on your next warehouse relocation, contact us at 248-926-9999. One of our Certified Warehouse Relocation Consultants will be happy to discuss your options and answer any of your questions. When you are ready, we will schedule an appointment based on your availability to visit your warehouse facility and provide a detailed assessment of your move, including pricing.