Professional Movers.com offers a strategic partner approach and an expert central source to manage all move-related services for your retirement community. Every day a residence sits vacant, a community loses revenue. A variety of obstacles work against filling those residences: prospects are nervous and overwhelmed about the move or prospects do not have family members to hand hold and provide them with assistance with their move. For these and many more reasons, Professional Movers.com has created a senior moving division that focuses solely on the relocation needs of seniors and their families.
A senior’s experience with your community is transformed when our Certified Senior Moving Consultants work with them through the difficult and emotional process of moving. At Professional Movers.com, your prospective residents will be surrounded by a team of professionals who understand the unique subtleties of a later-life move. Our Certified Senior Moving Consultants are the central point of contact and guiding hand for prospects to hold throughout the entire process; they are the relocation experts who serve as a source of advice and comfort to each incoming resident, minimizing anxiety by coordinating every detail to ensure a smooth transition.
Table of Contents
- Services Our Certified Senior Moving Consultants Can Perform
- Constant Contact Regarding the Status of Your Prospect’s Move
- Adhering to Your Retirement Community Rules and Regulations
- Quick 2 Week Claim Resolution for Your Prospects
- Targeted Senior Moving Marketing Materials and Moving Seminars
- What This All Means for Your Retirement Community
Our Certified Senior Moving Consultants will assist your prospects and future residents throughout the entire moving process. At any time our Certified Senior Moving Consultants will be available to answer your questions, update you on the status of your prospect’s move, and make sure that all the promises made during your prospect’s estimate are kept on moving day. Although specific services vary depending on your prospect’s needs, our Certified Senior Moving Consultants can help with some or all of the following:
- Developing an overall move or “age in place” plan for your prospect’s relocation
- Organizing, sorting and downsizing your prospect’s existing household items
- Designing a customized floor plan for your prospect’s new home
- Arrange the profitable disposal of unwanted items for your prospect’s through
- Estate sale
- Arrange and coordinate your prospect’s desired packing, moving and storage dates
- Coordination of your prospect’s packing & unpacking, and set up of the new home
- Related services, such as cleaning, waste removal, shopping, senior escort, assisting with selection of a realtor and helping prepare the home to be sold
- Providing the expertise and support your prospects need to be smart consumers of move-related services
- Serving as an advocate in securing high-quality moving services at affordable prices
- Ensuring that there are no surprises during the move by staying a step ahead and reminding your prospects in advance of key tasks to complete
- Minimizing delays and expenses by quickly handling any problems that may arise
By working with Professional Movers.com you are in complete control of your prospect’s move. We will keep you abreast of everything regarding your prospect’s move. From the moment we first make contact with your prospect until the last piece of furniture is placed exactly where they want it, we will make you aware of the following useful information:
- Name & contact information of Certified Senior Moving Consultant assigned to prospect
- Date and time in which CSMC visits prospect’s home to provide estimate
- A detailed analysis of which services your prospect will need
- An electronic copy of the prospect’s estimated costs & services requested
- The estimated start time and estimated arrival time at your community
- A phone call or e-mail the day of the move to update you with the status
- A phone call when movers arrive on-site at your community to begin unloading
- A phone call to confirm which exit doors and elevators movers will use
- A phone call or e-mail to inform you if any claims or damages occurred
- If damages or claims arise, your prospects will receive quick resolution
- You will receive copies or status updates on the claim resolution
- A copy of your prospect’s final invoice
- A copy of your prospect’s online survey of services, if submitted
Professional Movers.com will fully align our movers and our services with the rules and regulations set fourth for your community. If you have special requests such as not leaving any entry/exit doors to your community propped open while moving, then our movers will only open and close entry/exit doors as needed. We will only operate elevators that are designated to our movers and we will only use those elevators during the hours we are allowed to use them. Our movers will park in areas that are assigned or designated for each move. Our movers will be in uniform, including logo-ed shirts and matching pants. Our movers will not smoke while on community grounds and the entry way to each prospect’s unit will be covered in protective materials such as corner protectors and neopreme floor runners.
In short, there is nothing Professional Movers.com won’t do to make sure your retirement community’s rules and regulations are followed. If you have additional requests that are not mentioned in the above paragraph, just ask. We are happy to comply. As your community’s advocate, confidant, and friend, we will cater to your every need and concern.
Although Professional Movers.com does everything it can to minimize the possibility of any damages, we understand that accidents can sometimes happen. However, at Professional Movers.com we understand that the most important thing is to make sure that the problem is fixed as quickly as possible for your prospects. Professional Movers.com guarantees a warranty for all of our moving services. Should an occasion arise, Professional Movers.com will repair, replace, or cash out the damaged items for your prospects. The best part is that we guarantee that it will be done within two weeks of the claim.
Your prospects will not have to spend months waiting for repairs. You can relax because Professional Movers.com is completely insured, from our trucks, to our men, to your community and your prospect’s belongings.
Once you elect to utilize Professional Movers.com as a preferred vendor for moving services within your community, we will provide you with a complete array of ready-to-distribute, customized marketing materials. The literature will be branded with your community logo and will enable you to provide your prospects with literature regarding moving services. It will contain pictures of previous senior moves along with a step-by-step guide of our services.
In addition, Professional Movers.com will help attract prospects to your retirement community by hosting moving seminars. Our moving seminars are engaging and install seniors with the confidence that they leave the seminar believing, “I can do this.“
“Dealing with Downsizing” is an informative and interactive seminar addressing a key concern for seniors who are overwhelmed with the thought of moving. Those who attend usually leave the seminar energized with an “I can do it” attitude about their pending move.
Retirement communities have found this to be a great marketing event. It brings seniors to the community for the first time. More importantly, it brings seniors back to a community who have already taken a tour.
The seminar is presented by Andrew Androfff, co-owner of Professional Movers.com. He has presented numerous times to both professionals and seniors for groups from 20 to 500. Andrew has personally performed nearly 1000 senior moves, from hoarding clients to white-glove clients, Andrew fully understands the challenges seniors face.
Professional Movers.com will indirectly become an extension to your sales and marketing department thus allowing you to:
- Sell more units by broadening the sales message, and freeing sales staff to sell
- Retain prospects & minimize cancellations by identifying and addressing problems early
- Feel confident you are recommending a moving company who has your prospective resident’s needs in mind.
- Accelerated sale closure: increased meaningful interaction with prospective residents engages them and alleviates “I’m not ready yet” move anxiety.
- Our Certified Senior Moving Consultants plan the moves and manage the details for you
- Quickly identify “red flags” and alleviate anxiety at any point during the process.
- Continuous, value-added contact via phone calls and other relevant communications enhances your relationship with prospective residents.
- Educational seminars led by expert speakers provide peace of mind.
- Less fearful, better informed, more engaged prospects and depositors who are not only less likely to cancel, but more likely to move in sooner
- Speed up move-ins to create a healthy, active environment sooner.
- Earlier collection of entrance fees – and debt retirement creating a shorter road to profitability
If you are still unsure but would like to begin exploring the possibility of working with Professional Movers.com, contact us at 248-926-9999. One of our Certified Senior Moving Consultants would be happy to discuss your options and answer any of your questions.