When it comes to turn-key Library Relocation Services, Professional Movers.com wrote the book. Our background in commercial moving, coupled with the unparalleled understanding of library science, ensures a smooth library relocation. We pride ourselves on being able to perform relocations that most of our competition won’t even attempt. Just walk the aisles of many of the Detroit Area Universities or municipal libraries and you will see that our library moving experience speaks volumes. From our very first library relocation project 30 years ago through to today, we have set the standard for moving libraries on time, on budget, and with the highest degree of accuracy.
We’re not talking about moving just a few books. We’re talking about relocating an entire collection of books and the accompanying shelves, computers, filing systems and equipment. Professional Movers.com has refined library relocation down to a science, a process that has been tempered and developed over the years. Our process has been perfected to the extent that we have not received a claim for more than 300,000 volumes moved!
Professional Movers.com provides a multitude of services including relocation of collections, planning layout and expansion of collections, tagging for merging of collection and cleaning of books prior to and after relocation. Shifting of collections from range to range or floor to floor; back shifting and spacing of collections; merging of collection book by book or by call sequence; purging of collections for storage purposes; off-site storage of collections and shelving.
Our specialized equipment and highly trained staff allow us to complete projects of any scale and complexity. Whether you’re moving your collection internally, across the street or across the country, the sophisticated “Professional Movers.com Library Relocation System” of color coding and labeling maintains shelf list order at all times.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Professional Movers.com Library Relocation Services
- Library Relocation Team
- Library Relocation Planning Stages
- Professional Movers.com Specialized Moving Equipment
Professional Movers.com Library Relocation Services
- Consultation/Project Management
- Space Planning – Linear Foot Measurement Estimation
- Move Related Data Collection
- Installation, dismantle, reconfiguration of library shelving
- Collection Cleaning
- Shelf Reading
- Collection Shifts space distribution
- Collection Integration/Segregation
- Storage short and long term
- Inventory assessment of library shelving (taking existing shelving and making sure all components fit in a new configuration)
Library Relocation Team
- Certified Library Relocation Consultant – Strategic Planner
- Relocation Supervisor
- Moving and Installation Crews
This multi-disciplined team allows Professional Movers.com to present an economical, well-defined move, customized to fit your specific needs. This approach minimizes your downtime and staff involvement — saving you both time and money.
Library Relocation Planning Stages
Our Certified Library Relocation Consultant is available to help develop your relocation plan. We will meet prior to the move to discuss logistics and review blueprints for your new space. Range charts will be provided to map out the transition of library sections into their new destination. We will familiarize your library staff with our systems and processes, as well as be available for questions and advice leading up to the big day. Our ability to perform moves of any size gives our customers the confidence that their relocation will be performed smoothly and efficiently.
- During our Pre-bid review, our Certified Library Relocation Consultants will sit down with you and carefully map out each individual detail of the move. They will be your single point of contact throughout the process, utilizing their experience in library and file moving to provide you with their recommendations.
- Pre-plan costing gives you an early definition of your options. Our Certified Library Relocation Consultants will provide you with a timetable so you can accommodate your schedule accordingly.
- Professional Movers.com will provide you with a relocation quote within 24 to 48 hours of our initial visit.
- If necessary, Professional Movers.com will work evenings and/or weekends to allow your patrons continued access to your current facilities.
- Our Certified Library Relocation Consultants will coordinate our work with your other contractors so your move progresses smoothly and efficiently.
- Upon completion of your relocation, Professional Movers.com will provide your staff with a post-move survey.
Professional Movers.com Specialized Moving Equipment
Professional Movers.com utilizes the best technology and tools, producing the most efficient and effective means for library relocations. Most libraries can remain open and functional during their entire move. Our sticker and numbering systems allow us to relocate a library collection with the utmost precision. We use dollies and specially designed containers to quickly and efficiently get books where they need to go. We also have equipment that enables us to move entire ranges of shelves with books intact, in order to facilitate carpet being replaced with minimal impact to library operations.
- Professional Movers.com “Shelf Lifters” allow our moving teams to move up to 30 feet of shelving fully intact with volumes remaining on the shelves. This reduces move time and expenses.
- We have a complete supply of single or double-sided Rolling Book Carts designed to transport book collections. The Rolling Book Carts are built to be loaded and unloaded in the tightest of aisles for optimum maneuverability.
- Sophisticated non-adhesive labels that promote the highest level of organization and control when moving library collections. Careful coding keeps the books and materials in their original order.
- Delicate pieces of electronic equipment such as PCs and CRTs are placed in “Rental Computer Crates” to ensure safe transport.
- Library Dollies – equipped with soft, rubber coated, non marring wheels will be used to relocate larger furniture items.
- Air Ride Moving Trucks – allow for soft, non jarring transportation of library materials.
- Portable exit and entrance ramps along with lift-gate trucks allow our movers the ability to load and unload your items even if you do not have a loading dock at your locations.
- Protective materials applied to floors, walls and corners to protect the library interiors
- All Professional Movers.com employees are equipped with Nextel Communication
If you are still unsure but would like to begin exploring the possibility of working with Professional Movers.com on your next library relocation, contact us at 248-926-9999. One of our Certified Library Relocation Consultants will be happy to discuss your options and answer any of your questions. When you are ready, we will schedule an appointment based on your availability to visit your library and provide a detailed assessment of your move including pricing.