Hot Tubs are one of the bulkiest items and often one of the most commonly requested items we are asked to move. After all, your hot tub represents a sizable investment and leaving it behind for someone else to enjoy would be a shame. Plus, after a big move, your hot tub is a great place for you to spend some time unwinding. It is important to note that transporting and loading a hot tub onto a moving truck is not without it’s fair share of hassles. Due to the tremendous weight of a hot tub, the technical skill needed to safely drain it and disconnect it from electric sources, plus it’s extreme sensitivity to jostling movements, moving a hot tub requires careful planning. That’s where Professional Movers.com comes in, as a specialist in Hot Tub relocation, we will provide the proper planning, preparation, brainpower, and muscle to make sure it is transported safely to your new home.Our Moving Consultants and move teams have relocated hundreds of hot tubs throughout southeast Michigan. We have devised, developed, and carried out some of the most arduous projects. Let our Moving Consultant provide you with a move plan and quote that takes the uncertainty and complication out of your upcoming hot tub relocation.
The first step to a successful Hot Tub Relocation will require a visit from one of our Moving Consultants to perform a pre-move survey. Our Moving Consultant will visit your current home and the new locationwhere you would like the hot tub delivered. He will answer questions and identify key information about the move that will help us prepare the proper equipment and manpower to complete the relocation.
During the pre-move survey our Moving Consultant will review the following:
- The Make/Model – The construction of a hot tub can vary greatly, so our Moving Consultant will want to identify the dealer or manufacturer. He will then review and identify the equipment pack, including the heater, filters, pump, blower, electrical and plumbing units. This will provide the Moving Consultant with the ability to research and see if the dealer recommends removing the equipment pack, draining it, and packing it into a separate box. Conversely, for some hot tub models, it is recommended that the equipment pack be left attached to the shell of the hot tub. All of this information can be obtained with a phone call to the manufacturer or dealer.
- Identify Possible Obstructions – Our Moving Consultant will identify the current and new location where the hot tub will be delivered. He will look for possible obstructions including the deck railing, the grade of the backyard and side yard, and any landscaping that could interfere with the loading or delivery of the hot tub. Once he has this information; he will be able to build a move plan, making sure to reserve the right equipment and manpower for your specific move. It is possible that our Moving Consultant will see potential issues or hazards that would make moving your hot tub overly challenging and could result in damage to your property or hot tub. If so, he will advise you of any potential moving methods that we could utilize in an attempt to mitigate damages. On hot tub moves that are deemed overly challenging or high risk, the Moving Consultant will ask you to sign a waiver form prior to the move. The waiver form is a document that confirms that you have been informed of possible damages to your property or hot tub and that Professional Movers.com would not be held responsible for any damages that may occur during the relocation of your hot tub.
- Current Condition, Weight, and Valuation – Our Moving Consultant will review the current condition of your hot tub and identify any areas of wear or concern. The weight of the Hot Tub will help determine the number of movers and equipment that may be required to lift or position the hot tub during pick-up and delivery. Also, it is important to note that Professional Movers.com is limited to .60 cents per pound per article unless a higher released value is declared in writing by you prior to the move. For additional valuation options, you may purchase a separate relocation insurance policy through an approved 3rd party vendor such as www.MovingInsurance.com.
- Drain Review – Our Moving Consultant will confirm that your hot tub is drained or will inform you that it will need to be completely drained prior to your move. If you do not have experience draining it yourself, you can either call the dealer to make arrangements or obtain instructions on doing it yourself. Most hot tubs are equipped with a hose bibb drain that attaches directly to a garden hose. After draining, a hot tub typically still contains about five or six gallons of water. You should use a wet-dry vac to remove the remaining water so it does not spill and damage your surrounding carpeting and/or floor during the move.
- Review Move Date – The season that you choose to move your hot tub can greatly affect the preparation and planning for your move. For instance, the condition of the ground will make a big difference in how the hot tub is removed or delivered. When the ground is soft, our Moving Consultant may recommend that we use 3/4 “plywood to build a walkway to and from your hot tub. Also, if you are moving when freezing temperatures are possible during the move, the entire plumbing system should be drained by a high-pressure vacuum. This will eliminate potential damage to the pipes. You should not attempt to do this yourself. Instead, it is recommended that you contact your hot tub dealer to assist in these services.
- Truck and Equipment Assessment – As you have learned, each hot tub move contains a unique set of challenges. Our Moving Consultant will reserve the appropriate equipment and truck for your particular hot tub. Your hot tub may be transported using a moving trailer or a flatbed trailer. All of Professional Movers.com moving trucks are equipped with air suspension to ensure the safest ride for your hot tub.
Remember, pre-planning is the key ingredient to the successful relocation of your hot tub. Not only is special equipment needed to transport the hot tub, but the sheer cost you initially paid for the hot tub should be enough to convince you to hire experts. So call Professional Movers.com at 248-926-9999 and let our Moving Consultant build a move plan and quote that takes uncertainty and complication out of the process. You can rest assured knowing that we treat your hot tub with care.